Theme Layout

Boxed or Wide or Framed

Theme Translation

Display Featured Slider

Featured Slider Styles

[Centred][caption2]

Display Grid Slider

Grid Slider Styles

[style5]

Display Trending Posts

No

Display Author Bio

No

Display Instagram Footer

yes

Archive

© 2015 mo'adore | Content and design by Morag Lee | Powered by Blogger.

Marmite: Love It or Hate It? Cupcake Edition


So yes, they're messy. I did the icing at 9pm, okay? 

Even though you might brush it off as a marketing campaign, a lot of people I know are either a Marmite lover or a Marmite hater. The only people I know who state no opinion are those who haven't tried it. 

Personally I love it. I discovered it as a ten year old after having had a sleepover at a friend's house. Her mum had put it on her toast and I was intrigued by the brown sticky mixture. And then I insisted my parents bought it for me. 

I only recently got back into Marmite two weeks ago when I agreed to help a student out with her honours project which was about the public's perception of Marmite. Which involved eating Marmite and various other Vegemite products. My desire to have it came back. That week I purchased a new tub of Marmite and also picked up some Fudges Marmite Biscuits after having accidentally spotted them in Tesco (they were delish btw!)

And with an impending bake sale I had just the idea! I think we all know where this is going (a picture says so much doesn't it?). I hit up Google and discovered a surprising amount of recipes for Marmite Cupcakes. But I settled on this particular blog post which contained Chocolate Marmite Cupcakes and Caramel Marmite Cupcakes. I settled for the latter. 

My opinion?
These taste not nearly as Marmite-y as you might think! As with all Marmite recipes the Marmite makes up such a small amount of the composition. Even us Marmite lovers don't sit around and eat spoonfuls of the stuff (I don't!) but have it mixed in somewhere. These cakes had a hit but honestly if I had said they were toffee you would have believed me. Albeit a bitter toffee. Truthfully you do need a certain palette to like these cakes but I did manage to wow over someone who generally puts herself on the haters fence. 

If you like Marmite, or have a tongue that can take bitter notes, then I think you should give this recipe a try. :)

How do you feel about Marmite? Would you try these? 

Morag x
QuickEdit
mòrag
0 Comments
Share :

RSSGoogle Friend ConnectBloglovinFeedly

Follow moadore on Snapchat!

Recipes, love letters and general chit chat can be sent to moadore@gmail.com.

Follow @moadore